ACCA Manual D – Residential Duct Design and Layout
Why are duct design calculations important?
At Enerlogic, our principal goal of any HVAC design is achieving occupant satisfaction. For residential air duct designs, the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) Manual D – Residential Duct Design is the procedure specifically required by the International Code Council (ICC) residential building codes.
If the network of ducts carrying the air is not properly designed, occupant comfort will suffer, the equipment could fail more quickly, the energy costs will likely increase and the health and safety of the occupant could be at risk.
What type of problems may occur when the duct system is sized incorrectly?
For your home buyers to be comfortable, a duct system must be designed to carry the correct amount of air, at the correct speed and into the correct rooms.
Are your homeowners experiencing these types of issues?
- Rooms too warm or too cool.
- Noise when the HVAC system is on, disturbing occupants while they sleep, eat, or read and drowning out conversations or TV programs.
- Dead spots, which mean air is not circulating or mixing well in rooms.
- Blower fans or circuitry failing sooner than expected.
- Furnace or air conditioner safety devices stopping equipment operation.
- Pressure imbalances between zones or rooms, increasing noise or a lack of conditioning when interior doors are closed.
If so, then your duct systems are incorrectly sized. We have the answer.
If you choose to utilize our full Duct Design Layout package, our report includes a clearly detailed schematic drawing of the duct system overlaid on your building plan, including return and supply location and size of:
- Branch ducts,
- Outlet registers, and
- Inlet grilles.
This provides your installers a clearly defined image with details to insure the design is completed correctly in the field. It also allows your field staff the ability to confirm the installation was done correctly, by simply comparing the drawing to the actual installation.
Our staff at Enerlogic would be happy to assist you with all of your ACCA Manual J, S, D and T questions and provide you with both design and installation verification services in a timely manner.
At Enerlogic we would be happy to answer all of your HVAC System design questions and provide you with design services in a timely manner.
- Enerlogic |
- P: (281) 947-3723 |
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 738 Highway 6 S, Suite 900, Houston, TX 77079
- Mail: 2211 Rayford Rd, Suite 111-213, Spring, TX 77386
- License # TACLA72189E