ACCA Manual S-Equipment Selection
Once our Enerlogic professionals complete your Manual J load calculation, they will have the information required to accurately select the proper HVAC equipment. Our equipment selection is based on the equipment manufacturer’s performance criteria, including:
- Total capacity to remove heat (sensible) and moisture (latent) from the air
- Total capacity (Btuh) of delivered air
- External Static Pressure (ESP) at which the system is capable of producing
It is important to abide by these performance criteria because one manufacturer’s four-ton equipment may perform significantly better or worse than another manufacturer’s four-ton equipment. Additionally, a four-ton system installed in Chicago will perform differently from the identical four-ton system installed in Houston.
At Enerlogic, we follow four steps to select your cooling equipment using ACCA Manual S:
- Determine the design parameters (Manual J load and Manual S table).
- Estimate the target airflow [Manual J/Sensible Heat Ratio (SHR)].
- Search for equipment [Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) expanded performance data].
- Evaluate and select the appropriate equipment (based on CFM, latent and sensible capacity).
We determine the equipment you will need based on the following ACCA Manual S equipment-sizing values:
- Cooling equipment selection is limited to 115 percent of the total Manual J cooling load (latent and sensible).
- Heating equipment selection is limited to:
- 140 percent of the Manual J heating load for standard equipment (gas/electric).
- 115 percent of the Manual J heating load for heat pumps.
Our staff at Enerlogic would be happy to assist you with all of your ACCA Manual J load calculation and ACCA Manual S equipment selection questions and provide both design and installation verification services in a timely manner.
At Enerlogic we would be happy to answer all of your HVAC System design questions and provide you with design services in a timely manner.
- Enerlogic |
- P: (281) 947-3723 |
- E: email@example.com
- Office: 738 Highway 6 S, Suite 900, Houston, TX 77079
- Mail: 2211 Rayford Rd, Suite 111-213, Spring, TX 77386
- License # TACLA72189E