Manual S-Equipment Selection
Once our Enerlogic professionals complete your ACCA Manual J (8th Edition) load calculation, they will have the information required to accurately assist you in selecting the proper HVAC equipment. Our equipment selection is based on the equipment manufacturer’s expanded performance data criteria, including:
- Total capacity to remove heat and moisture from the air
- Total capacity of delivered air
- External Static Pressure (ESP) at which the system is capable of producing the desired results
At ENERLOGIC, we use four steps for selecting your equipment using the ACCA Manual S procedure:
- Determine the design parameters (Manual J load and Manual S table).
- Estimate the target airflow (Manual J/sensible heat ratio (SHR).
- Search for equipment (Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) expanded performance data).
- Evaluate and select the acceptable equipment (based on CFM, latent and sensible capacity).
We select the correct equipment based on the ACCA Manual S equipment-sizing values:
- Cooling equipment selection is limited to 115 percent of the total ACCA Manual J (8th Edition) cooling load (latent and sensible).
- Heating equipment selection is limited to:
- 140 percent of the Manual J heating load for standard equipment (gas/electric).
- 115 percent of the Manual J heating load for heat pumps.
Our staff at Enerlogic would be happy to assist you with all of your ACCA Manual J load calculation and ACCA Manual S equipment selection questions and provide both design and installation verification services in a timely manner.
At Enerlogic we would be happy to answer all of your HVAC System design questions and provide you with design services in a timely manner.
- Enerlogic |
- P: (281) 947-3723 |
- E: email@example.com
- Office: 738 Highway 6 S, Suite 900, Houston, TX 77079
- Mail: 2211 Rayford Rd, Suite 111-213, Spring, TX 77386
- License # TACLA72189E